Friday, April 30, 2010

Literary Luminary: Candy

Passage #2
"I knew candy was a prostitute and Iggy was her pimp. I knew she sold her body, that she spent all day doing things i could only imagine. "I knew she'd been leading me on playing some kind of game, amusing herself at my expense". Page 36

I chose this passage because it illustrates the development of the relationship between Joe and Candy. The character Joe is trying to decide what kind of person Candy is and if he can trust her. He realized that her life is very different from his and that she might be dangerous or bad company to keep. This quote is important because it represents the main theme of the book, which is the growing relationship between a good boy from a rich town and a bad girl from the streets. This quote is also important because it shows the beginning of the character development.

No comments:

Post a Comment